DIY Grain-Free Pumpkin Peanutbutter Dog Treats! October 24, 2018 15:19
Welcome to the Dermapaw blog!
It is that time of year where baking and eating yummy foods (especially ones with pumpkin as a main ingredient) becomes a delightful seasonal past time!
With all the delicious goods whizzing around the kitchen - why not make something special for your dog friends? This recipe is healthy, delicious, and grain-free, so even dogs with sensitive stomachs, skin and food allergies can enjoy them!
Homemade Pumpkin Peanut Butter Grain-Free Dog Treats
3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree (canned is easy but you can puree your own if you want!)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (make sure it is xylitol free!)
1 large egg
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, egg, and coconut oil.
- Connect your bowl and flat beater attachment to your stand mixer and combine the garbanzo bean flour one cup at a time.
- Move the dough on top of some parchment paper and sprinkle it and the surface liberally with garbanzo bean flour.
- With a wooden rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dog treats and place them onto the parchment paper.
- Repeat the process on the dough until all of the cookies are all cut and placed onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Wait at least 20 minutes before serving to your pup!
These cookies will be meant to be enjoyed for about 7 days!
GIFT GIVING TIP:
These delicious grain-free dog treats are great for gifting around the holidays, too!
If you want these cookies to be kept for up to 1 year, all you have to do is dehydrate them!
This will give them a crunchier texture. Put the cookies in the dehydrator and set it to medium. Wait 9 hours and enjoy!